just remembering the time someone spelled my name "AMLY"
because a co-worker's accent sounds like he's saying that
Richard Stallman is just Shanley for men.
Fuck. This. Shit.
If you see one of these please just fucking kill it with a baseball bat.
Hi hello I'm that lesbian who wears her dad's old sweater and kills it
It is a FUNDAMENTAL mistake to take cis, hetero society's assertions about gender at face value: the gender binary is propaganda, which *serves* gender violence *by distracting* from the beliefs that actually drive gender violence.
Gender violence is regulatory. When colonialist gender ideology asserts the exclusive existence of the genders 'men' and 'women,' it does so with the full intent of denying manhood and womanhood to colonialized bodies, in order to dehumanize Black & indigenous people
you may say g'day but i say d'gay
free 👏 doughnuts 👏 for 👏 regular 👏 women 👏 and 👏 cis 👏 women
RT from birdsite, Bible stuff Show more
RT @LitTranslate@twitter.com: According to Robert Alter of UC Berkeley, The Bible has never been translated correctly- and he is here to change that.
I made up these LGBT identity words show what it would be like if the words were built only from native Germanic English roots, instead of from Latin or Greek loan-words: (1717 characters, very long) Show more
Some words for sexual orientations:
* sexual orientation = drawing or faining (fain is an archaic English word for desire; see https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fain )
* #asexual = undrawn or unfaining
* bisexual = twain-drawn or twain-fain
* gay (in the sense of homosexual) = same-drawn or same-fain
* gay (strictly in the sense of men loving men) = wer-drawn or wer-fain (wer or were is an archaic English word for a specifically male human, whereas "man" was a gender-neutral word for a human; see https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/wer#English )
* heterosexual = other-fain, else-fain, or else-drawn
* lesbian = lass-fain, lass-drawn, lady-fain, lady-drawn, or wif-fain (wif is a Middle English word for woman; see https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/wif#Middle_English )
Some words about gender:
* gender = kind
* assigned gender = allotted kind
* gender dysphoria = kind-woe
* #transgender = cross-kind
* transition = crossing
* cisgender = same-side-kind or stay-kind
Some words about nonbinary gender:
* gender binary = kind twofoldness
* binary genders = twain kinds
* #nonbinary = untwain
* genderfluid = kind-flow
* genderqueer = kind-queer
agender or genderless = kindless
* bigender = twi-kind
* neutral gender = fair-kind
* neutrois = fair-three
Building words from Germanic English roots is a fun linguistic experiment that is helpful when you find yourself overwhelmed with what we think of as "long words," which are of Greek or Latin origin. Wikipedia gives several examples of writings that attempted to do that:
The #Anglish wiki has a lot of resources for if you want to try it too:
fuck shit stack developer
assigned cis at birth / always mad at banks
"No Thank You Mr. Pecker" was also the title of my Medium article about SRS
always be mad at banks
; Emily Marigold Klassen
; code witch (mostly node||js)
; trans and gay for girls
; median millenial
; selfie boosts ok
queer.af, your cosy queer space queer.af is a mastodon instance for those who are queer or queer-adjacent who would like a more pleasant social media experience.